Friday, April 23, 2010

Copy, paste, and steal (errr ... borrow)

Did I say, in my last post, that there is an immense amount of work involved after earning those 3 letters? Well, I take that back ... sort of. I'm being playful, of course, but really, thank goodness for copy, paste.

In just 3 weeks, our project team is having a "summit." In other words, we're having our first major meeting where everyone comes together and gives their input for where they think the direction of the project should head. Because I'm the lead for the motivation and technology side of the project, I've got to come up with a formal presentation whereby I outline for everyone the theoretical backings for the mathematics interventions we are planning to do. It's a bit scary to think that even though the two PIs (my boss being one of them) on this grant were able to procure a ton of money from NSF there are SO many gaps and unknowns to the project. For example, we are supposed to do three different types of interventions, each involving some kind of new learning technology. We're pretty sure about 2 of them. But that third one ... yeah, we have no idea.

And that's where I come in. They want me to figure out something that is theoretically solid and has a promising track-record for success. And this happens to be a lot of work. Rummaging through research papers, finding out what's theoretically sound, and coming up with something that might be able to work with what we are trying to do. Lucky for me, I have weapons ... copy, paste, and borrowing from some people I have spent many MANY years studying. For example, I have Bandura and Dweck in my boat. Track record for success? Oh yeah ... try DECADES of success! For my formal presentation I'll need the theoretical backings for my ideas ... already done that (copy and paste from dissertation defense)! Nice.

So yeah, having those three letters opens the door to an immense amount of work. But, as they say, "if you're smart enough to get into a Ph.D program, you're smart enough to get out of one too." Those smarts of getting out of one (e.g., copy, paste, steal [well, borrow] ) are the same ones that will make this work that much easier.

2 comments:

  1. I want to shear a life changing story with everyone who cares to read this testimony. Blank atm cards are real and are effective all over the world. my name is Gorge Judy i live in SPAIN . I got this card from [skylink technology] a month ago. this card has really help me pay my debts and now i am free from all financial problems. I no this is hard to believe , but i never knew there was this kind of card until i got one. This card withdraw more than €6000 daily and it is very easy to use. But you have to be very careful in other not to be caught by the police because it is illegal. If you want more information on this card and how to get one just contact the hackers by this address
    skylinktechnes@yahoo.com or whatsapp +1(213)328–0248

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would strongly love to recommend the services of the best team of dark web hackers. They are professional and very discreet in carrying out their jobs, they have the best customer service agents and satisfaction at heart. If you have any services, kindly contact him via email:jkrogerwizard001@gmail.com or on Telegram +31684994039 and he also help track and monitor your cheating partner's phone without being noticed, clear or erase criminal records as well as repair a bad credit score, all social media hacks, funds recovery and many others.

    ReplyDelete